4 Days Bwindi Gorillas & Ngamba Chimps
Tour duration -4Days / 3 Nights
Starting from:USD$2,141 per person based on two travelers sharing
This 4 Days Uganda Safari starts with an excursion to Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary, a place run by the Jane Goodall Institute, home to orphaned and rescued chimpanzees. Then continue to track gorillas in the primeval forest of Bwindi. Bwindi is home to 10 habituated gorilla families.
Destination – Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary
- Destination – Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary
- Activities – Gorilla tracking, Chimpanzee viewing
- Tour customizable – Yes. This tour is subject to adjustment upon client’s request to accommodate special interests.
- Transportation – 4×4 Safari Landcruiser / Minivan
- Package includes –Ground transportation, full board accommodation and enroutemeals as indicated in the itinerary, one gorilla permit per person to be secured and paid for well in advance, park fees and relevant government taxes, services of an expert guide, airport transfer.
- Package excludes –Airfares, Visa fees, Personal insurance, Expenses of personal nature such as; drinks, tips, laundry, telephone, cigarettes, accommodation and meals not indicated in the itinerary
You will be picked from your hotel by our company guide and taken to Wildlife Education Centre for a boat cruise to Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary; home to the orphaned chimpanzees. Arrive in time to catch up with their lunch hour as they respond to the bell and gather near the fence to be fed on fruits. You will also visit the laboratories and where the sick chimps are treated. After your lunch, return to the mainland. Overnight stay at Sheraton Hotel Kampala
Depart Kampala at 7:00am for Bwindi NP in South-Western Uganda. A brief stop at the Equator allows time for photographs and souvenir shopping at the crafts market. Proceed to Bwindi arriving in the evening. Overnight stay at Buhoma lodge.
After breakfast, we prepare for our gorilla tracking adventure which begins at 8:00am with a briefing at the information center by the Uganda Wildlife Authority staff. We will then be guided into the jungle to track the shy primates. Gorilla tracking may take 3 to 7 hours but it is well worth the effort. Once you get sight of the gorillas, you have an hour to admire, observe and take photos of them. It’s advisable to bring along a rain jacket and hiking boots. At the end of this long and exciting adventure, return to the lodge for a well-deserved shower, dinner and rest.
After breakfast, depart to Kampala with an enroute lunch in Mbarara. Arrive in Kampala in the evening and transferred to Entebbe for your departure flight home.