3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trek and Igongo Cultural Centre
Tour duration-3 Days/2 Nights
Starting from:USD$1,698 per person based on two travelers sharing
This 3 Days Gorilla Safaristarts with a visit to Igongo cultural center to experience the Ankole culture. Then proceed to the jungles of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest to track the mountain gorillas. Bwindi is home to nearly more than half of the remaining mountain gorillas in the world and it is one of the best places to go gorilla trekking in Africa.
- Destination – Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Igongo cultural center
- Activities – Gorilla tracking, Cultural tour
- Tour customizable – Yes. This tour is subject to adjustment upon client’s request to accommodate special interests.
- Transportation – 4×4 Safari Landcruiser / Minivan
- Package includes – Ground transportation, full board accommodation and enroutemeals as indicated in the itinerary, one gorilla permit per person to be secured and paid for well in advance, park fees and relevant government taxes, services of an expert guide, airport transfer.
- Package excludes –Airfares, Visa fees, Personal insurance, Expenses of personal nature such as; drinks, tips, laundry, telephone, cigarettes, accommodation and meals not indicated in the itinerary
Depart Kampala at 7:00am and head towards south western Uganda with a lunch break enroute at Mbarara. Visit Igongo cultural center to experience the Ankole culture before continuing to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and arrive late evening. Dinner and overnight Buhoma lodge.
After breakfast, we prepare for our gorilla tracking adventure which begins at 8:00am with a briefing at the information center by the Uganda Wildlife Authority staff. We will then be guided into the jungle to track the shy primates. Gorilla tracking may take 3 to 7 hours but it is well worth the effort. Once you get sight of the gorillas, you have an hour to admire, observe and take photos of them. It’s advisable to bring along a rain jacket and hiking boots. At the end of this long and exciting adventure, return to the lodge for a well-deserved shower, dinner and rest at Dinner and overnight Buhoma lodge.
After breakfast transfer back to Kampala making a lunch stop enroute at Mbarara. Proceed making another stop at the equator in Masaka; see where this imaginary line divides our planet into two equal hemispheres. Snacks, souvenirs and photographs may be taken here.
Arrive in Kampala later that evening and transferred to Entebbe for your departure flight home.