6 Days Gorillas, Chimps and Wildlife Tour
Tour duration – 6 Days / 5 Nights
Starting from: USD$3,194 per person based on two travelers sharing
This tailor-made private tour offers you the opportunity to track the endangered mountain gorillas in the dense forests of Bwindi NP and see lots of savannah wildlife and chimpanzees in Queen Elizabeth NP.
- Destination – Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Kyambura gorge
- Activities – Gorilla tracking, Chimpanzee tracking, Game drive, Scenic viewing
- Tour customizable – Yes. This tour is subject to adjustment upon client’s request to accommodate special interests.
- Transportation – 4×4 Safari Landcruiser / Minivan
- Package includes – Ground transportation, full board accommodation and enroute meals as indicated in the itinerary, one gorilla permit per person to be secured and paid for well in advance, park fees and relevant government taxes, services of an expert guide, airport transfer.
- Package excludes – Airfares, Visa fees, Personal insurance, Expenses of personal nature such as; drinks, tips, laundry, telephone, cigarettes, accommodation and meals not indicated in the itinerary
Upon arrival at Entebbe airport, you will be welcomed by our company guide who will transfer you to Kampala for refreshment and overnight stay at Sheraton hotel.
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Bwindi National Park in south western Uganda. There will be a brief stop at the Equator for the water experiment, refreshments, photographs and buying of souvenirs from the craft shops. Continue to Bwindi with a lunch stop at Mbarara. You will arrive in Bwindi in the evening. Dinner and overnight at Buhoma lodge.
After breakfast, prepare for the gorilla tracking adventure which begins at 8:00am with a briefing at the information center by the Uganda Wildlife Authority staff. We will then be guided into the jungle to track the shy primates. Gorilla tracking may take 3 to 7 hours but its well worth the effort. It’s advisable to bring along a rain jacket, and hiking boots. At the end of this long and exciting adventure, return to our lodge for a well-deserved shower, dinner and rest. Dinner and overnight at Buhoma lodge.
After breakfast, you will drive north to queen Elizabeth NP via Ishasha sector. Enjoy the Ishasha game drive in search of the tree-climbing lions as well as other savannah wildlife like the kobs, topis, buffalos and variety of antelope species grazing in the Ishasha plains. After lunch, proceed to Mweya for an evening game drive. Dinner and overnight stay at Simba safari camp.
After an early breakfast, you will go chimpanzee tracking in Kyambura gorge. Your trek will be captivated by the sights of other primates like Black and white colobus monkey, grey-cheeked mangabey, and a number of bird species. Return to the lodge for lunch and later embark on a boat cruise along Kazinga channel to have a glimpse of the park’s variety including elephants, buffalos, kobs, topis, waterbucks, bush bucks, crocodiles and hippos among others that always storm the channel for water in the afternoon. Bird species such as the kingfishers, pelicans, African martial eagle, African fish eagle, African skimmer and the prehistoric looking shoe bill among others may also be seen. Dinner and overnight stay at Simba safari camp.
Take an early breakfast and head for a remarkable game drive in the Kisenyi trail in search for the parks 100 mammals. Look out for lions, leopards, hyenas and jackals among others as they return from their night hunt. You may also herds of buffalos, elephants, bush bucks, water bucks, gazelles, topis and kobs among others. Return to check out at the lodge and embark on your journey back to Kampala with enroute lunch in Mbarara. Arrive in Kampala in the late afternoon for a transfer to Entebbe for your return flight home.