6 Days Classic Uganda Primate Adventure
Tour duration: 6 days / 5 Nights
Starting from: USD$3,147 per person based on two travelers sharing
A 6 Days Uganda Tour to some of the country’s best safari destinations. This is the ultimate combo tour for those who would like to enjoy game viewing and experience gorilla and chimpanzee tracking as well.
- Destination – Kibale national park, Queen Elizabeth national park, Kyambura gorge, Bwindi impenetrable forest.
- Activities – Chimp tracking, Gorilla tracking, Boat cruise, Game drive, Scenic viewing, Guided walks.
- Tour customizable – Yes. This tour is subject to adjustment upon client’s request to accommodate special interests.
- Transportation – 4×4 Safari Landcruiser / Minivan
- Package includes – Ground transportation, full board accommodation and enroute meals as indicated in the itinerary, one gorilla permit per person to be secured and paid for well in advance, one chimpanzee permit per person to be secured and paid for well in advance, park fees and relevant government taxes, services of an expert guide, airport transfer.
- Package excludes – Airfares, Visa fees, Personal insurance, Expenses of personal nature such as; drinks, tips, laundry, telephone, cigarettes, accommodation and meals not indicated in the itinerary
You will be picked up at 8:00am from your Kampala location by your guide. Make your journey through the papyrus swamps and thick jungle of the Nile delta and arrive at Kibale national park. Head out for an afternoon guided walk in the Crater Lake areas of the park. Dinner and overnight at Primate Lodge.
Embark on an exciting early morning trek for chimpanzees in the thick jungle of Kibale forest. Then drive southwards to Queen Elizabeth national park in the afternoon, sightseeing and game viewing enroute. Dinner and overnight at Simba safari camp.
Depart at 6:00am for a morning game drive in Queen Elizabeth national park aiming to catch the lions hunting in the morning. Lions usually hunt as the day dawns since the temperatures are cooler. We also expect to see the Uganda kob, elephants, buffalo, warthog, leopard and waterbuck. After the game drive, have lunch then enjoy a boat cruise on Kazinga channel which connects Lake Edward and Lake George. Expect to see large numbers of buffalo and hippo. Dinner and overnight at Simba safari camp.
Begin the day with breakfast, and then embark on a drive to Kyambura Gorge for a primate walk expecting to see chimpanzees, vervet monkey, olive baboon and black & white Columbus monkey. Continue south on a game drive to Ishasha and proceed to Bwindi impenetrable forest. Ishasha is mostly famous for its tree-climbing lions. On arrival at Bwindi, embark on a foot safari around the local communities living near the park. Opportunities abound to discover the local Bakiga and Batwa pygmy people. Dinner and overnight at Buhoma lodge.
After breakfast, prepare for the gorilla tracking adventure which begins at 8:00am with a briefing at the information center by the Uganda Wildlife Authority staff. We will then be guided into the jungle to track the shy primates. Gorilla tracking may take 3 to 7 hours but it is well worth the effort. It’s advisable to bring along a rain jacket, and hiking boots. At the end of this long and exciting adventure, return to our lodge for a well-deserved shower, dinner and rest. Dinner and overnight at Buhoma lodge.
After breakfast transfer back to Kampala making a lunch stop enroute at Mbarara. Proceed making another stop at the equator in Masaka; see where this imaginary line divides our planet into two equal hemispheres. Snacks, souvenirs and photographs may be taken here. Arrive in Kampala later that evening and transferred to Entebbe for your departure flight.