5 Days Murchison Falls and Bwindi Gorillas
Tour duration -5Days / 4 Nights
Starting from:USD$2,824 per person based on two travelers sharing
This 5 Days tour combines gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest with a wildlife safari in Murchison Falls National Park, Uganda’s largest protected are; home to a wide range of savannah wildlife such as elephants, buffalos, lions, giraffes, antelopes, crocodiles, hippos and more.
- Destination – Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Murchison Falls National Park
- Activities – Gorilla tracking, Game drives, Scenic viewing, Boat cruise on the Nile
- Tour customizable – Yes. This tour is subject to adjustment upon client’s request to accommodate special interests.
- Transportation – 4×4 Safari Land cruiser / Minivan
- Package includes – Ground transportation, full board accommodation and enroutemeals as indicated in the itinerary, one gorilla permit per person to be secured and paid for well in advance, park fees and relevant government taxes, services of an expert guide, airport transfer.
- Package excludes –Airfares, Visa fees, Personal insurance, Expenses of personal nature such as; drinks, tips, laundry, telephone, cigarettes, accommodation and meals not indicated in the itinerary
You will be picked from your hotel by our company guide at 7:00am and then driven across several districts to Murchison Falls National Park. A stopover will be made at Masindi where you will have lunch then proceed to the top of Murchison falls where the Nile forces its way through a gorge in the rocks and tumbles 43m below flowing westwards into Lake Albert. We will then check into Paraa Safari Lodge for overnight stay.
After an early breakfast, set off for a morning game drive on the Northern Delta Nile. Lions, buffalos, waterbucks, Jackson’s hartebeest, Rothschild’s giraffe, oribi and baboons are some of the animals to expect. Other activities in this game drive include bird watching, and sightseeing across the open savannah, dotted woodland and riverine vegetation along the Nile and Albert delta. You will then return to camp to rest and have lunch after which you will embark on a three hour boat cruise on the Nile. This boat ride offers an amazing view of the falls from the bottom angle. Hippos, crocodiles, antelopes, and aquatic birds can be seen along the shores of the river. Dinner and overnight stay at Paraa Safari Lodge.
After breakfast, we transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, home of the mountain gorilla. Enjoy the scenic drive as you will spot Lake Albert, the Rwenzori ranges, Kibale forest and the beautiful lakes Edward and George. Dinner and overnight at Buhoma lodge.
After breakfast, prepare for the gorilla tracking adventure which begins at 8:00am with a briefing at the information center by the Uganda Wildlife Authority staff. We will then be guided into the jungle to track the shy primates. Gorilla tracking may take 3 to 7 hours but it is well worth the effort. It’s advisable to bring along a rain jacket, and hiking boots. At the end of this long and exciting adventure, return to our lodge for a well-deserved shower, dinner and rest. Dinner and overnight at Buhoma lodge.
After breakfast transfer back to Kampala making a lunch stop enroute at Mbarara. Proceed making another stop at the equator in Masaka; see where this imaginary line divides our planet into two equal hemispheres. Snacks, souvenirs and photographs may be taken here. Arrive in Kampala later that evening and transferred to Entebbe for your departure flight.