4 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Tour
Tour duration -4Days / 3 Nights
Starting from:USD$2,430 per person based on two travelers sharing
In this4 Days tour, you track the critically endangered mountain gorillas in Mgahinga National Park located in the Virunga Mountains. You will also get to encounter the ancient Batwa tribe and learn their way of life.
- Destination – Mgahinga National Park
- Activities – Gorilla tracking, Batwa trail
- Tour customizable – Yes. This tour is subject to adjustment upon client’s request to accommodate special interests.Transportation – 4×4 Safari Landcruiser / Minivan
- Transportation – 4×4 Safari Landcruiser / Minivan
- Package includes – Ground transportation, full board accommodation and enroutemeals as indicated in the itinerary, one gorilla permit per person to be secured and paid for well in advance, park fees and relevant government taxes, services of an expert guide, airport transfer.
- Package excludes –Airfares, Visa fees, Personal insurance, Expenses of personal nature such as; drinks, tips, laundry, telephone, cigarettes, accommodation and meals not indicated in the itinerary.
Depart Kampala at 7:00am driving south to Mgahinga National Park with enroute lunch in Mbarara. Mgahinga is part of the Virunga Mountains having 3 major peaks Muhabura, Gahinga and Sabinyo. The park is endowed with great photogenic scenes, various primate species like mountain gorillas and golden monkeys as well as over 115 bird species including Albertine species. Diner and Overnight stay at Mount Gahinga Rest Camp.
After breakfast, we embark on tracking the gorillas, a 3 to 5 hour activity. Gorillas are normally present in Mgahinga from October – May and the rest of the year in Rwanda. Spend an hour with these critically endangered species as you learn a few things about them before returning back to camp. Overnight stay at Mount Gahinga Rest Camp.
After breakfast, we embark on the Batwa trail. The Batwa trail allows you to experience the ways of the ancient Batwa people who have lived in these forests for 500,000 years. Enjoy their cultural dance and drama. Overnight stay at Mount Gahinga Rest Camp.
Enjoy breakfast and drive back to Kampala with lunch enroute in Mbarara. A brief stop at the equator allows time for photographs and souvenirs at the crafts market. Arrive in Kampala in the evening and transferred to Entebbe for your departure flight home.